Join the family, embrace the culture!
We are proud to say that at Van Berkum Nursery, we offer more than just superb customer service and quality perennials, we offer a unique employee experience. As our company has grown since 1987, we have striven to maintain the family atmosphere that has always defined us. We believe value begins with great people. Our team members are talented, hard working, and love to talk plants. We keep our workplace safe, try to be good stewards to the environment, and always have each others’ backs. We are committed to the relationships we have formed with our community and with our customers. We have a passion for plants that goes beyond what we sell; it’s who we are.
There are a range of employment opportunities that we offer in our growing, production, propagation, office, and shipping departments. If you are an enthusiastic, hard working person that would love to work for a family-owned company in a beautiful rural setting, please review the postings below and submit an application.
Accounting Manager (full time):
The accounting manager provides administrative and clerical support to all levels of the team in addition to running and managing the office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate monthly income statement, balance sheets and associated financials
- Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable (invoice, collections, statements, etc.)
- Reconcile bank accounts and general ledger for all LLC’s
- Prepare month and year end reports and tax information
- Process bi-weekly payroll, manage files, taxes and related information (State and Federal)
- Create customer accounts, collections and update customer information
- Troubleshoot computers, office equipment and radios (hardware and software) run backups
- Manage hardgoods and annual pricing for computer system
- Additional duties as assigned
1 year accounting experience required.
Lead Maintenance Technician (full time):
- Manage a safe and orderly maintenance shop
- Manage property and equipment maintenance master schedule
- Manage tool and hardware inventory
- Manage an inventory of commonly needed parts, lubricants, filters, and materials
- Building maintenance…
- General repairs and upkeep
- Light carpentry, plumbing, electrical
- Changing or patching poly sheeting
- Maintain moving parts, doors, louvers, vents, etc.
- Machine maintenance…
- Maintain all nursery equipment in good working order
- Respond to calls for machine breakdowns
- Regular lubrication and filter maintenance
- Schedule machine service when necessary or appropriate
- Property maintenance…
- Mow and trim grass in nursery interior as well as perimeter
- Snow and ice management
- Maintain nursery roads, driveways, and parking lots
- Maintain fences and gates
- Manage or control nursery vermin e.g. deer, wasps, nesting birds
- 3-5 years experience in maintenance or farming
- Valid driver’s license
- DOT physical exam card
- Drug test
- Criminal background check
We are looking for energetic detail oriented people to…
-Select nursery stock according to customer specifications.
-Assist customers in the nursery.
-Sort, groom, and rack orders.
-Load and unload plants from trailers.
-Assist customers with loading vehicles.
-Assist in other departments as needed
High school or equivalent
Horticultural education preferred, but not required.
Some plant experience is preferred, but not required.
Job Type: Full Time Seasonal
Salary: $10.00-$11.00/hr, depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time Seasonal
Salary: $8.50-$10.00/hr, depending on experience
Please print and fill out our job application by clicking the link below. You can scan the application and submit it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org , fax it to (603) 463-7326, or stop by our office during our regular business hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm. We are located on 4 James Rd, Deerfield, NH 03037.